The school was established in February 2007 and accommodates about 200 pupils from the age of 4-13 in its education service programme. It is a privately owned institution supervised by the Ministry of Education and Sports.
Improve literacy and engage professionally the educational stakeholders for a better education system
· Assist in teaching children of the age 4-12 years
· Engage in games and sports with children and teachers
· Engaging in music, dance and drama
|Volunteer task |
· Mainly to teach Math and English
· Engage in games and sports with children.
· Participate in Music, dance and drama
· Support in school Gardening
|Volunteer qualities||· Experience in teaching desirable but not necessary |
· Affinity to children
· Adaptable to local teaching culture in Uganda
December-February , April-May and August-September
The volunteer will work from 08.00 to 16.00. Monday to Friday
It is a walking distance and takes 10 minutes to get there from UPA guest house
UPA Guesthouse in Nansana or at a host family
|Comments from UPA|
All volunteers choosing A volunteer will teach and also be able to engage in other volunteer projects since teaching will be for only 5 hours, or specific days agreed at the project.
School project should always remember to consider the school holidays when the schools are closed in April, August – September and December to Early February.
Most of the children at the age of 7-12 can be able to speak English. The teachers at the school speak English too.
|Past Volunteers |
From Japan, Netherlands, Korea, Spain, Germany, France, Belgium and Finland