|Background||GOOD MUMMY SCHOOL KOSOVO was founded 2006 in the urban slums of Kosovo valley in Lubya parish to help support the marginalized slum orphans and vulnerable children in the area. It was due to lack any basic school where the community would send their children to attend and attain basic education. We currently support more than 180 kids at our school- GOOD MUMMY SCHOOL KOSOVO has the kindergarten wing and lower primary. |
|To be one of the leading quality education providers to vulnerable children in the country|
|To motivate and enhance Vulnerable learner’s needs and abilities|
- Early childhood learning
- Educational sponsorships,
- Providing recreation activities to children and youth such as games and sports, drama etc
- Food nutritional counseling support to some kids,
- Strategic networking and linkage(referral)
- Hygiene and sanitation sensitization
- Class room environment improvement
- Sports and games (Extra Curricular activities)
- Passion to work with children and slum communities
- Open minded and emotionally strong with ability to appreciate local settings
- Motivated volunteers but not necessarily qualified
|Volunteer tasks||Activities range from community outreach, administrative work to Kindergarten activities. Volunteers should prepare to assist with one or more of the following:|
Good Mummy Charity School
- Attend to Day Care center for babies and pupils
- Support to teach children of the ages 3 years to 6 years in all Early Childhood learning areas and development skills. Volunteers might even do this sometimes without the direct help of a teacher.
- Play games with children for example sports
- Taking on kids for music lessons
- Hand washing lessons to kids and pupils
- Supervise kids during playing time especially break-time
- Love, Care and support to kids
- Story reading to pupils in primary one to Three.
- Train kids in basic hand washing
|Working Hours||8:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday |
|Transport||It is 5 kilometers from UPA to Good Mummy School, costing 8000 to and from using public means (Mutatu). It cost approximately 12,000/= with a hired motorcycle ( Bodaboda).|
Volunteers can stay at UPA Guest house although Host families can always be arranged for the volunteer to stay in the local community.
|Comments from UPA||The placement requires volunteers that are highly motivated, creative and innovative. It is an interesting project and introduces you to a really local setting and early child growing experiences in Uganda.|
All volunteers choosing school projects - should always remember to consider the school holidays, schools are closed in April May, August – September and December to Early February.
The basis of communication at the school is English though majority of the Vulnerable children, Families and communities we operate in speak little English and more local languages.
|Past Volunteers|| From England.|